20070530

Enabling both HTTP and HTTPS access to your Flex Application

To enable both HTTP and HTTPS access to you Flex app, you need to do the following:


1. Open remoting-config.xml (can be located at /WEB-INF/flex)

2. Look for <default-channels>

3. Add reference to the secure channel
<default-channels>
<channel ref="my-amf"/>
<channel ref="my-secure-amf"/>
</default-channels
>


4. Define "my-secure-amf" in "services-config.xml" if not aleady defined.
<channel-definition id="my-secure-amf" class="mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel">
<endpoint uri="https://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amfsecure" class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint"/>
</channel-definition>





2 comments:

Mark Bykerk Kauffman said...

I had to do one additional thing to get this to work with Flex 3, configure both the secure and non-secure channel as polling channels. See this blog post.

Mark Bykerk Kauffman said...

I had to do one additional thing when using Flex 3 to make this work, configure both channels as polling channels. See this post.